EGGS IN PEPPERS

 RECIPE FOR EGGS IN PEPPERS


I made an egg dish since I thought it would be lovely for brunch. You can break an egg into a bell pepper since it has a hollow interior, much like I did when I made bread rolls with eggs.

It looks extremely nice how it turned out. However, I did have some difficulty boiling them. I failed to take into consideration the bell peppers' water leakage while they were cooking. 

It rendered the eggs damp, making it difficult for the egg whites to cook. Additionally, I wanted the yolk of the egg to be in the center, but it was very difficult to do and kept slipping to the edge of the bell pepper.

I decided to only use half of each bell pepper when preparing this recipe. The portion with the stem was not used. You could certainly use both halves, but I didn't want anyone to be trapped with the bottom stem because cutting the stem off would leave a hole in the pepper.

My brothers felt the bell pepper was overbearing and the flavor was a tad boring. The fundamental concept is still appealing to me, but I'll try adding some flavor to it the next time. I still appreciate the dish's hue.

INGREDIENTS

  • Six different colored bell peppers
  • 6 eggs
  • Seasoning with salt and pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

Set the oven to 400 °F. Half the peppers. Take the seeds out. the stemless half on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.

Egg into each pepper, broken. Add salt and pepper to the surface.

Cook eggs in a preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until the desired doneness is reached.

NUTRITION

serving: 1 bell pepper with egg, 3g of carbohydrates, 6g of protein, 4g of fat, 1g of saturated fat, 64mg of sodium, 1g of fiber, 2g of sugar, and 2g of net carbohydrates.



Comments